Monday, March 10, 2008

WAR EAGLE!!!



It is official, I have been accepted to Auburn University to work on my PhD and have been awarded a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, so we are going to stay here for another 3-5 years, we are shooting for 3, but then I would have to get a real job (I am not sure how I feel about that). We will see if that works. Anyway, we are excited and happy to be staying here, we like it here and it will be an easier transition for my PhD and will probably save us time and money in the long run. War Eagle!!

7 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. Congratulations on the baby on the way!

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Hey Congrats! You really didn't blow it this time, jk you did--hahahaha. See ya this summer when i drive down to your house from DC and stare at you and your babies...no offense.

BirdieMann said...

Congratulations Sam!!

KQ said...

Congratulations! Does this mean that maybe, just maybe you'll come visit us sometime? Or do we always have to come to Auburn? Do you know if you're having a boy or girl yet?

annie said...

Way to go!! That's so exciting! I'm sad you're not closer to the West Coast, but it's not like I'd see you a whole lot more there either! HA... we love you guys! :o) Glad you got accepted. What is WAR EAGLE??

momhirt said...

congratulations on your acceptance and your teaching position. you are getting so close to your goal. it is awesome! we are proud of you. hearts.

EG said...

NOOOoooo Sam! You are messing with my master plan of getting you guys closer to me in Cali. I need more Hirts in my life, especially Kim. Congrats on being accepted. That is major stuff. Billy is working on his PhD too...only 3 more years (or so he says!) I don't know how you guys manage school and kiddies. Amazing.