Saturday, March 26, 2011

Details...maybe too many

I am 10 weeks along, not very far, but my stomach is already sticking out. Gone are the days with the first baby where you could not show for 4 or 5 months. I have had A LOT of food aversions which is a new experience for me:) and ridiculous cravings. I am the cliche pregnant lady that changes her mind every five seconds about what she is craving. "Sam I NEED a Meximelt from Taco Bell, no, Pad Thai, no, fresh bread with cheese, no, Thom Ka Gai soup..ahhhh!" I'm crazy. I woke up the other night at 2am really nausiated, but really hungry. Every food I thought about made me want to puke, but I had major fasting pains and had to eat. The only thing that sounded good was Reese's Puffs Cereal, which I probably hadn't eaten in 2 years. So heroic Sam went to the grocery store and got me a box at 2 in the morning. Once I am awake I have a really hard time falling asleep so I just stayed up eating Cereal and watching "17 Again" until I dozed off on the couch. It was a great night:)

This pregnancy has been different than my others, I am more nausiated, but still I am convinced it is a boy. With the other 3 I was sure they were girls so maybe I'm just reading my intuition wrong.

If it is a boy we already have a boy name picked out. His name would be West, which is a name in the Hirt family tree.

I have a bunch of girls names I like, but I think I have had them in my mind for so many years that I am sick of most of them. The ones that we like for now are these:

Vivian and call her Vivi(I like this one, sam isn't sold)
Violet (I used to like this, but am a little sick of it)
Dorothy call her Dot (Sam Loves this, but I am not convinced)
Zuzu (I like this because I love "It's a Wonderful Life" and I think the Zuzu's petals scene is so sweet and it makes me happy, but I also realize it is bizzare, but maybe in an amazing way. Sam isn't there....yet:)

Well there you go. My brain doesn't function correctly when I am pregnant. I have anxiety and weirdness, so I am a little sick of myself, but at least I have an excuse to be crazy instead of just being crazy for no reason, like usual.

10 comments:

Steph said...

I like you and I enjoyed this post. Love all of your names. They are very cute. And it made me laugh that your ultrasound picture is all crinkly. Ha

KQ said...

You always make me laugh. I lived on cereal when I was pregnant. That's pretty much what got me through the barfy days and nights. So so happy for you!

Kate said...

Haha... I read that cereal story to my roommates. Hilarious!

I didn't think of Dot for Dorothy, that's cute... Good options!

momhirt said...

West Hirt is hard to say without pausing. But you'll pick out just the right name, I'm sure. You've still got a while to think about it!

AmyB said...

How exciting! Congratulations! MY guess is a girl!

I Choose Happiness said...

I love the name West, but for your sake, I hope you get to pick out a girl name. I think your cravings are hilarious. Pregnancy - what a kick in the pants!

Julia Harps said...

I vote Zuzu. cause it's a girl and I like the names to be unusual. :)

Katie said...

I like West.... but then I liked Dandridge too, West Dandridge Hirt ...just is such a strong name to me...I love it. But Sean did not (Well, West Dandridge Matteson in our case)

My vote is for West ...I mean, if you were asking for my vote, that is what I would say to you. =)

Looooooooove you! (I craved cheerios in the middle of the night)

Pants said...

Kim Hirt is my hero.

BirdieMann said...

Have you heard the wives tale that you get more sick carrying girl babies than boys? It has been true for me, at least. =)