Wednesday, August 20, 2008

my baby boy...happy birthday



Four years ago today we welcomed our first beautiful baby boy into the world. Here is a small tribute to him, the second love of my life. The first day I brought him home from the hospital I was emotional about every little thing he did, he made me so happy. I remember rocking him to sleep and singing "first time ever I saw your face." I burst into tears and blubbered the whole way through. It was defintely love at first sight.

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the empty skies, my love,
To the dark and the empty skies.

The first time ever I kissed your mouth
And felt your heart beat close to mine
Like the trembling heart of a captive bird
That was there at my command, my love
That was there at my command.

And the first time ever I lay with you
I felt your heart so close to mine
And I knew our joy would fill the earth
And last till the end of time my love
It would last till the end of time my love

The first time ever I saw your face, your face,
your face, your face

7 comments:

Katie said...

happy Birthday Sammy! You're a cute little dude and SO BIG TO BE 4!

Can't wait to chase you at Christmas.....

Unknown said...

He is the most handsome little guy out there.

Happy Birthday Sammy! I love you!!

KQ said...

Oh Kim, you make my want to cry! I love you. And Happy Birthday to Sammy!

annie said...

WOO HOO!! Should I stop calling him Baby Sam now that he's FOUR??!! He's such a good lookin' kiddo! I love the photos of him when he's little little with the BRIGHT blue amazing eyes!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Julia Harps said...

I forgot how totally adorable he was as a little chubby infant! I loved the picture show. He is so precious. sweet baby sam.
happy birthday! I miss all of you guys!

Katie said...

no no no no no...he's growing up away from me!!! The first time I saw the slideshow I was so happy to see how big Sammy is getting. Now I want to cry I miss you guys so much! Maybe its because last time I turned the music down...........I'm so effected by music.

So, I miss you guys. Lots. I miss my brother Sam .....a lot. You were such a good brother to me always. Seriously, crying. Love you!

momhirt said...

that was awesome! i hadn't seen many of those pictures. four year can go by pretty fast. happy birthday to sammy and also soon to sam. love you forever!